AdsenceTop

Google Ads

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bridal Jewelry - Tips On Selecting The Perfect Jewelry


You've bought the dress, now it's time to select the perfect jewelry to compliment it. With all of the bridal jewelry choices out there, selecting the right bridal jewelry is essential for completing your look.
Something to consider is the embellishments on your dress. Does your dress feature tiny pearls or rhinestones? Maybe you have a Swarovski encrusted brooch attached. These materials used in the creation of your dress can be accented with your jewelry. Look for bridal jewelry that feature these same materials including pearls, crystals or rhinestones. This can help to compliment and draw out the beauty of your dress. Just keep in mind that the jewelry is to accessorize and not to take away from the main focus of your dress.
Consider the style of your dress. If you are wearing a V neckline dress, y-style necklaces are a great choice. Many brides wearing a strapless dress opt for a choker or bold cubic zirconia necklace.
Think about the theme or style of wedding you are having. If you are exchanging vows on the beach, selecting jewelry that features freshwater pearls and mother-of-pearls is a great choice. These natural materials add to your beach themed look. Having a wedding in the spring? Consider floral inspired jewelry designs. Many bridal jewelry designs feature pearl flowers and rhinestone encrusted vines.
Don't be afraid of color. Many brides are adding hints of their wedding colors directly into their bridal jewelry. Whether your colors are a deep eggplant or a subtle golden champagne, adding color to your jewelry can add diversity and beauty.
Don't outweigh yourself. If you are in love with an elaborate CZ necklace, you might want to scale back on the earrings or bracelet selection. You don't want your jewelry competing with each other. Pick your focus. If you want a large scale necklace, select a simpler earring design. Many brides choose not to even wear a necklace and opt for larger earrings and chunky bracelets.
Your wedding day hairstyle is also something to consider. If you are wearing your hair down in wavy sweeps, try wearing stud or simple drop earrings. If you plan on wearing your hair up, longer dangles and chandelier earrings look fabulous.
And lastly, there is the choice of metal color. Choosing between silver or gold is completely a personal preference. By far, the industry opts for silver, however, many brides love the rich look of gold. An additional shade of silver is called "antique" silver. These jewelry pieces have a more vintage feel that make it look like a true heirloom piece.
Whether you choose long chandelier earrings or a classic pearl necklace, just remember that the jewelry is the accessory, not the focus. Choose the best jewelry to compliment your style, theme, and dress.
Laura has been in the bridal accessory industry helping brides select the perfect bridal jewelry for years. Let us help you complete your bridal jewelry look at http://www.serendipitytiaras.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_Lyons


Product Image
Product Image
Product Image
Product Image
Product Image
Product Image
Product Image




 

Resolved Question

Show me another »

What do you think of these dress? Two bridal, One bridesmaid?

At the moment, I am torn between the following two dresses. Companies that make them aside, what do you think of the design for a late morning, early afternoon ceremony?

Bridal Gown: Ivory
http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_det…

Bridal Gown: Ivory with Champagne
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/…

Bridesmaid: Clover, Espresso, MAYBE Champagne
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/…


I am a little short (5'3") and relatively slender for my height. My bridesmaids will be all vary sizes, so I wondered if people thought that dress would flatter most sizes? Also, is that bridesmaids dress something you would wear again to a dinner party or fancy restaurant?

Additional Details

For those who keep mentioning orange, see my above post for the colors I would be choosing.
4 years ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

The second bridal dress - first one is frumpy.
Bridesmaids would have to be pretty thin - the dress is pretty, but any 'bulge' will show! Clover would be very good for color.
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/…
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/…
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/…
  • 0 Rating: Good Answer
  • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
Asker's Rating:
4 out of 5
Asker's Comment:
Thanks for the extra bridesmaids dress options! I love the first and last ones, great tea-length cuts.

To everyone else, thanks for the opinions!

Other Answers (15)

  • I prefer the David's dress. The other one is so sleek, I'd be nervous that any tiny bump or lump would show.

    I love the bridesmaid's dress. That will be perfect for pretty much any figure. I like the clover and the espresso. Not so much the champagne - I think it looks a bit washed out.

    If you were consider getting the dress in celadon, it would be more versatile for your women afterwards.
    • 0 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • The first dress is very modern and artistic but looks weird at the top (uneven). The second is plain and looks kinda like a strapless bra or a slimmer of some sort. I am not a big fan of either. The bridesmaid dress is ok. I like the chocolate; I hate the clover. I think that it would flatter most body types. I personally would not re-wear it because I think it still looks somewhat bridesmaidy.
    • 0 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • I like the first wedding dress the best. It's very pretty.

    The bridesmaid dress is pretty, but it doesn't really look like it would work for various body shapes. For my wedding, I let each of my bridesmaids pick their own dress, but they all had to be the same color. David's Bridal is good for this. That way, each girl will feel comfortable in a dress that suits her body shape. Just a thought.

    Congrats on your wedding, btw!
    • 3 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • The taffeta dress is stunning IRL, and very forgiving if you do not have the body of a model. The bridesmaid dress is amazing, but once again I'm curious how it would drape on various body types. It is definitely something you could wear again! Take the girls in and have them try it on if they can!
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • Hi. I LOVE the 2nd one.....Alfred Angelo.

    For the bridesmaids....nice dress. Yes, it can be worn again.
    I would go with either the Espresso color OR the Clover.....not the champagne (if you get dress #2), because that would be too similar in color to your own!

    Good luck with your decision!
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • Beautiful dresses! I like all 3 of these. The coral color is gorgeous for the bridesmaids and would flatter most sizes. I do think it could be used at a later date if desired. Congratulations and best of luck putting everything together.
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • I think the 2nd bridal dress looks nice. The bridesmaids dress, which I think looks very nice, goes better with the 2nd one too. Great choices! Yes, I'd wear that bridesmaids dress again. It's a very flexible style. The bridal gown will look great on your height as well! :)
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • Like no. 2 best...think bottom of first might make it hard to glide . As for bride-maid, don't think full figured woman would find very comfortable, would only work on very thin person.
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • I personally like the sleek, smooth look of the second one, and the bridesmaid dress is very classy. =)
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • I LOVE the first bridal dress...much better than the second. I think the bridesmaid dress would look good in any color, but I like Clover the best from the ones you mentioned.
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • definetly 1st .the orange is not the best. 2nd is too plain!
    • 0 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • So I love all thr4ee choices. However from one short girl to another dress number 1 is not going to work on you as well as dress number 2 that bottom puff of fabric will make you look short whereas dress 1 will make you look SO tall and slender. As for the bridesmaid dress, I think that its beautiful and would look perfect with dress number two however depending on the size of the girls wearing it you might have issues. If they are short the length might cut them off in a weird place also if they are big in the middle or have big hips/thighs you are going to notice it big time in this dress. I would go for a more Aline shape if you are dealing with girls who have very different shapes and sizes. I love the idea of champagne with the second dress as well. Additionally I would be more likely to wear an espresso dress or a champagne dress again over a clover dress even though i have to agree with an above poster. IF you love the clover then use clover you are a great friend for wanting it to be wearable again. Also I would take into consideration the coloring of your girls when choosing g the dress so they aren't washed out.

    Source(s):

    event/wedding planner ny/nj area
    • 0 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • I love all of the choices... the first two dresses seem very similar, although probably not to someone agonizing over which to purchase ;) I really like the first, but both would be beautiful. Not much help on that one huh?

    Secondly I like your choice for bridesmaid dresses, although I am not sure that cut in particular would be universally flattering. A lines are always super for most shapes. I'd like to give you a piece of advice however, do not worry about whether or not the girls can rewear the dress (I know your heart is in the right place, mine was too), I gave my girls the freedom to choose their dress aslong as it was ankle length, and in the same color. I am very happy they could express their personalities and get a dress they were comfortable in...always an idea. However something I did experience was that the girls found a way to complain and put off trying the dresses regardless of how much I bended... so my point is get an idea of what you want, and make sure thats what you get...what you want... beacuse even when you do everything in your power to make things nice for your girls someone is bound to be unhappy and complain.

    Hope that helps, congrads!
    • 0 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • Although the first dress is very nice, I have to give my vote to the second one. This is for a few reasons

    1.) It is so smooth and classy looking it's hard to take your eyes off of it, but at the same time lets you see the woman who is wearing it.

    2.) If you are only 5'3'', a gown with ruching on it like the first one will make you look shorter, even if you are wearing heels. The clean lines of the 2nd one will give you a longer, leaner silhouette.

    3.) the 2nd dress matches perfectly with the bridesmaid's dress. It has very clean, smooth lines as well and they will look phenomenal together. the BM's dress is one that can flatter many different body types, and I think depending on the colour you coudl definitely wear it again on a fancy night out ( I would, anyway).

    Great choices, by the way!
    • 1 Rating: Good Answer
    • 0 Rating: Bad Answer
  • First for the bridal dress I think the Alfred Angelo looks better but would also flatter your size better. I don't care for the pick ups at all and would shorten you even more. Too much weightiness at the bottom of the dress with the ruching. The alfred angelo is beautiful but simple at the same time for your morning or early afternoon wedding.
    For the bridesmaids dress I think this will flatter most body types. The princess seams that run the length of the dress have a slimming effect for anyone that may have a thicker middle. Very simple and elegant. I like the espresso color better but that's just my opinion. I think the clover is a little too grassy color looking for me. I definitely think they could wear these dresses again as well. Either as is or they could be shortened for more of a cocktail dress. Very nice. I personally would stick with the darker color either espresso or the clover as opposed to the champagne if you have any maids that are a little bigger.

    I think both the ALfred Angelo choices are great!
    • 4 years ago
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment